Jacobs Electronics Engineer in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
Jacobs Technology is seeking a Electronics Engineer to support the Electronic Proving Ground (EPG) contract.
The candidate will design, develop, and test electronic systems, components, or circuits for use within equipment or machinery. The candidate will be expected to use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
Experience with electronic systems, and the application of principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals will be expected. The candidate will be expected to support operation of various commercial and military GPS receivers, operation and development of custom data collection and data reduction systems, operation of test instrumentation to include but not limited to the following: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers, precision network analyzers, vector signal generators, power meters, and multimeters.
The contractor shall also support testing of embedded GPS systems performed by other EPG facilities and test directorates. The candidate shall assist with preparation of frequency clearances for field jamming events, develop GPS simulator scenarios, and coordinate calibration of instrumentation.
- _ This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors of Science and 3 years of experience or an equivalentcombination.
Familiar with Electrical or Electronics, Computer, Systems Engineering and or with C4ISR systems.
Ability to design, develop, and test electronic systems, components, or circuits for use within equipment or machinery.
Ability to use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals.
Electronic Test Measurement
Test/Evaluation measurement software
Environmental and Electromagnetic Test and Evaluation
Technical Writing Skills
Test Plans and Test Reports
An active Secret Security Clearance is required at time of hire.
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. (Considerations: closed quarters, close together, limited lighting). Must be able to commute between buildings to support work requirements. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking. Must be able to carry a maximum of 35lbs and climb.
Equipment and Machines
Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday (excluding Saturday & Sunday). Position may require occasional weekend or evening work depending on task requirements. Regular attendance is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.
Other Essential Functions
1) Needs to have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
2) Must have ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
3) Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
4) Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
5) Must be able to work in a dynamic and multi-task environment and be capable of prioritizing work and de-conflicting task/project schedules;Must be able to work in a dynamic and multi-task environment and be capable of prioritizing work and de-conflicting task/project schedules;
6)Must have good written and oral communication skills;
7) Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law
Primary Location United States-Arizona-Fort Huachuca
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: SAL00024D