Army Installation Management Command Maintenance Worker Helper (MVO) NA-05 in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
This vacancy announcement has been extended with a new closing date of Monday, 23 April, 2018, with an initial cut-off date of Wednesday, 11 April, 2018. All eligible applicants will be referred to management at that time. Additional Cut-off dates will be established at management request, and additional referral lists will be generated at this time.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-US Citizens within 75 miles of Fort Huachuca. This includes Military Spouses and Involuntary Separated Military Members moving into the area within 30 days.
This position is located with Mountain View Golf Course on Fort Huachuca, AZ. This is a "Flex" position (0-40 hrs/wk) with no eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans. For additional information please view our Application Information Kit.
Additional information on the requirements and duties for this position can be viewed here.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs grass-cutting requirements using riding lawn mowers/ garden tractors (from 18HP to 31HP), push mowers, edgers, chainsaws, blowers, weedeaters, pruners, etc. Applies fertilizer and chemicals as directed.
- Performs operational maintenance on equipment. Weeds flowerbeds, prunes shrubs and trees, clear scrub trees and brush, and waters grass, trees, and plants.
- Assists in setting-up, maintenance, and takedown of all special planned programs/events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- #### Job family (Series)
4749 Maintenance Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must have, or be able to obtain, and maintain a valid driver's license by start of employment.
- A pre-employment occupational physical is required for this position.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, as well as weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to perform work while walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, and carrying.
- Must be able to lift and move materials weighing 50 lbs. or more and occasionally heavier items with assistance.
- Must understand oral English and read and understand written instructions in English to assure safe and satisfactory performance (reading chemical labels, operating instructions, assignments, etc.).
- Must have work experience to perform the following duties: drive lawn tractors, and use tools and equipment normally found in maintaining grounds, facilities, and equipment; experience in operating the vehicles/equipment listed, performing operator's maintenance, and complying with safety and traffic rules and regulations; ability to perform a variety of laborer, custodial, gardening, driving, and park maintenance duties with minimal supervision and know how to spread fertilizer evenly to prevent underfeeding or burning of plants.
Please Note: In order to meet the minimum requirements for experience, your experience must be clearly stated in your resume. Incomplete applications will be rated as ineligible.
For additional information on education requirements please view our Application Information Kit.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Please refer to our Application Information Kit for further information on eligibility and required documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Other (Upload PCS Orders as OTHER, Upload DA 3434 or Personnel Action as SF-50, Upload Certificates as TRANSCRIPTS)
- Other Veterans Document
Important: Documentation demonstrating eligibility for NAF Hiring Preference or NAF Hiring Priority Consideration are required to be included with your application. Applicants that do not substantiate their claims at the time of application will have their applications adjusted and receive consideration as an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV).
For additional information please view our Application Information Kit.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 pm (noon) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. For additional information please view our Application Information Kit.
Agency contact information
EJ-NAF-W6CFAA US ARMY GARRISON FT HUACHUCA DO NOT MAIL Fort Huachuca, AZ US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495767300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/03/2018 to 04/23/2018
Salary: $12.61 to $14.72 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 5
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent