People Technology & Processes Senior UC Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Purpose: The purpose of this task is to support Action Request Center team, which provides cutting edge services focused on RCC-C. This position will support the UC team providing VTC and VoIP cutting edge services to the Continental United States (CONUS) at the United States Army Reginal Cyber Center - CONUS (USARCC-C). Responsibilities:
- Support existing UC administrators and provide enterprise support for the Army in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Support existing UC administrators and build and configure UC systems in support of highly visible mission areas
- Assist system administrators with issues and effectively troubleshoot and document complex technical problems
- Provision, secure, operate, maintain, troubleshoot UC equipment
- Document technical troubleshooting efforts in ticketing system and Knowledge Management Systems.
- Ensure server configuration compliance with DoD and Army regulations
- Work independently and as a team member; set priorities and organize work to meet deadline
- Follow organizational processes and polices
- Participate in rotational on-call duties to provide after-hours support
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- HS + 8 years of Information Technology (IT) experience or AA/AS + 6 or BA/BS + 4 at minimum
- Must have IAT II certification (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP) or equivalent prior to hire
- Must acquire CCNA, Acano Certified Engineer or PCVE w/in 180 days of hire
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance (Interim required prior to start)
- Be a positive, self-motivated, and proactive person with the ability to adapt to change and tolerate stressful situations.
- Candidate must communicate effectively with team members and team lead
Must have the ability and desire to research and develop creative solutions to unique problems with minimal supervision Ideal Candidate for this position:
Conducts testing of network design and UC architecture
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gatekeepers, gateways, and other assets as required.
- Experience with the following tools: Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Video Communication Server, Cisco Telepresence Management Suite, Polycom RMX, Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager, Polycom Distributed Media Application.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities.
- Exhibits exceptional ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Acts independently on technical matters pertaining to assigned field and related disciplines
- Recommends technologies to accomplish long-term objectives
- Develops concepts, products, or technologies that extend knowledge in fields of expertise
- Often instrumental in attracting and obtaining new customer business
- Provides technical leadership and mentors team members and STG colleagues
- Interacts closely with customer representatives on highly advanced technical issues
- Explains and presents high-level technical subjects and processes related to assignments
- Independently composes and delivers reports and presentations of the highest professional quality.
- Able to work off hours for scheduled maintenance.
- Experience with DISA STIGs and IAVAs *THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*
About the company:**
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
Benefits PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D; Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Date Posted: 03-07-2018
Job Title: Senior UC Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Job Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Current DoD Secret
Travel: Up to 25% CONUS