People Technology & Processes Senior Windows Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Purpose: The purpose of this task is to support Action Request Center team, which provides cutting edge services focused on RCC-C. This position will support the Windows team, which provides cutting edge services to the Continental United States (CONUS) at the United States Army Reginal Cyber Center CONUS (USARCC-C). Responsibilities:
- Support existing system administrators and provide enterprise server support for the Army in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Support existing system administrators and build and configure Windows-based systems in support of highly visible mission areas
- Support existing system administrators and provide administration using enterprise toolsets such as SCCM, SCOM, etc.
- Assist system administrators with issues and effectively troubleshoot and document complex technical problems
- Document technical troubleshooting efforts in ticketing system and Knowledge Management Systems.
- Ensure server configuration compliance with DoD and Army regulations
- Work independently and as a team member; set priorities and organize work to meet deadline
- Follow organizational processes and polices
- Participate in rotational on-call duties to provide after-hours support
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- HS +8 years of Information Technology (IT) experience or AA/AS +6 or BA/BS +4 at minimum
- Must have IAT II certification (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP) or equivalent prior to hire
- Must acquire Microsoft server certification, MCP 70-410 (equivalent or higher), within 6 months of hire
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance (Interim required prior to start)
- Be a positive, self-motivated, and proactive person with the ability to adapt to change and tolerate stressful situations.
- Candidate must communicate effectively with team members and team lead
Must have the ability and desire to research and develop creative solutions to unique problems with minimal supervision. Ideal Candidate for this position:
Experience with Server 2012 R2 administration
- Experience with physical (Dell, HP, IBM) and virtual (VMware/Hyper-V) servers
- Experience with client/server hardware and software configuration
- Experience with networking concepts
- Experience with creating and/or modifying scripts (batch, PowerShell)
- Experience with Windows Active Directory services
- Experience with McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Experience with DISA STIGs and IAVAs *THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*
About the company:**
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
Benefits PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D; Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Date Posted: 03-07-2018
Job Title: Senior Windows Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Job Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Current DoD Secret
Travel: Up to 25% CONUS