People Technology & Processes Virtualization/Storage Engineer in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Purpose: The purpose of this task is to support Action Request Center team, which provides cutting edge services focused on RCC-C. This position will support the Data Services team, which provides Virtual Machine (VM) and Data Storage enterprise services in a cutting edge Cyber environment. Responsibilities:
- Provision, test, and monitor policy changes for Information Systems.
- Correct system and application problems identified in event logs.
- Review and monitor event logs and user access logs provide routine system updates.
- Identify basic network and system fault corrections.
- Provide account management services to create, modify, and delete administrator and user accounts.
- Respond to automatically generated trouble tickets for changes in status and assign them to the appropriate analyst.
- Monitor, maintain, and develop scripts for automated processing.
- Provide guidance to team members as required.
- Patch systems.
- Troubleshoot application errors, operating system(s), server hardware, network communications and storage allocation issues within the Data Services environment.
- Utilize diagnostic tools to trace and resolve technical problems.
- Utilize Remedy ITSM to track and resolve problems impacting continued system operations and make recommendations for any corrective actions required.
- Plan, coordinate, and document the use of revised/updated procedures, processes, and methods for the operations and maintenance of the Data Services infrastructure.
- Provide "on-call" support after business hours and during weekends when required
- HS +4 or AA/AS +2 or BA/BS +0 IT experience/ education.
- IAT II certification required (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP).
- Vmware CA or other on Ce list w/in 180 days.
- Excellent team skills, must be thorough, must have excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrate initiative and be results oriented with flexibility and tenacity.
- Demonstrate the ability to continuously adjust priorities to reflect changing circumstances.
- Ability to work in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment.
- Strong dedication to provide quality customer service.
- Effective problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify the cause of issues with the system or determine if other teams need to be included in resolving an issue.
- Ability to manage own projects including communications to customers as well as work as part of a larger team managed by a project manager.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as necessary
*THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*
About the company:**
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
Benefits PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D; Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Date Posted: 03-07-2018
Job Title: Virtualization/Storage Engineer
Job Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Current DoD Secret
Travel: Up to 25% CONUS