Northrop Grumman Aeronautical Engineer 2 in Sierra Vista, Arizona
Aeronautical Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18003102
Location(s): United States-Arizona-Sierra Vista
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Aeronautical Engineer 2 to provide support to the Unmanned Systems Integration Center Depot in Sierra Vista, Arizona, as well as flight lines in the area, in support of the Hunter Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) program. The Flight Sciences Test group is responsible for sustaining the current Hunter UAS as well as providing engineering analysis in support of technical issues involving payload integration and aircraft performance.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include, but are not limited to:
Prepare test plans, reports, and test requests in support of ground and flight testing for multiple aircraft configurations. Actively participate in ground and flight testing as a Test Director. Data reduction and analysis of aircraft telemetry data using proprietary analysis software tools. Provide daily engineering data support to operators in theatre. Test and integration of engineering solutions to technical issues which may include computational fluid dynamics analysis.
• 2 Years with Bachelor’s in Science; 0 Years with Masters
• Understanding of technical theories/concepts and experimental and theoretical principles/practices in the fields of flight testing, aerodynamics and aircraft performance
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels throughout including the customer
• Familiarity with Excel
• Ability to learn new software analysis tools that are used to reduce and analyze aircraft and system telemetry data
• Experience with DIADEM and/or LabView
• Familiarity SolidWorks
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Aeronautical Engineer 2
Location: Arizona-Sierra Vista
Requisition ID: 18003102